About this Blog

From Argentina, to Egypt, Ecuador, Europe, India, Japan, and even the Panama Canal, you'll hear about my exciting adventure stories, tips, personal experiences, and cultural information. You'll be able to read my stories about my Indian culture and the traditions and holidays my family experiences. I also provide a taste of the trips I have been on and some of the interesting people and opportunities I have had so far. I'll keep updating about all of my journeys. Also, take a look at the different pictures from all around the world as you go...

"Across the Seas with Suruchi".

For my specific stories and pictures, be sure to click the "My Travels" link below!!

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 13 - Cute Breakfast, More London Festival

On Friday morning we went out to breakfast at this cute little shop next to our dorm, Pitchfield. We had some tea and croissants and as always, delicious! Then, I came back to my room and I was super duper tired so I fell asleep again. Later in the afternoon, my friends and I went to Primark. In England, Primark is like Forever 21 on steroids. And cheaper. We had trouble finding her and the store was super duper crowded. I'm definitely going to go back to get some things because I really loved it. Everything was actually cute and really cheap! Perfect presents....

Then we went to check out the More London festival I had read about online. I wasn't exactly sure what it was but I had read about it in Timeout Magazine, a popular "what to do" magazine here in London. It was near London Bridge Station, so we just took the Northern line there. It's only 4 stops away from Old Street...aka home <3 Unfortunately, it was pretty rainy out, but we dealt with it. It took us a while to find the place called "The Scoop" that was festival was being held at, but we finally did. The place was neat because it had a beautiful view of Tower Bridge. We got some nice pictures :) It was this cool stage with a lot of steps to sit on, but everything was all wet. We got the best seat in the house, two little spots underneath the tent where the stage lights were. The More London festival runs from June to September. June is Fringe, July is Music, August is Theater, and September is Film. We weren't exactly sure what Fringe meant, but the performance was called "The Magic Flute, an Opera." So we figured it was an opera...duh. It was super cool...and free! All of the singers were super talented. We didn't really know what was going on because the story line was so confusing but we did enjoy watching.

We left during intermission because we were super hungry and went to this Italian restaurant near the station. 

Off to Brighton tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment