About this Blog

From Argentina, to Egypt, Ecuador, Europe, India, Japan, and even the Panama Canal, you'll hear about my exciting adventure stories, tips, personal experiences, and cultural information. You'll be able to read my stories about my Indian culture and the traditions and holidays my family experiences. I also provide a taste of the trips I have been on and some of the interesting people and opportunities I have had so far. I'll keep updating about all of my journeys. Also, take a look at the different pictures from all around the world as you go...

"Across the Seas with Suruchi".

For my specific stories and pictures, be sure to click the "My Travels" link below!!

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 14: A Day in the Sunshine


What an amazing day.
I took the trip to Brighton today. It’s a city on the southern coast of Great Britain, and a beautiful city it is. 
We booked train tickets ahead of time and left at around 10am. Unfortunately, the train was about 15 minutes late, but we were finally on our way. We had been wanting to go to Brighton for a while. My one friend was going to visit her friend and another friend and I were just going to chill and spend the day there. We rode over together. This was our first time taking the over ground train. We took the tube from Old Street to London Bridge and then caught the overground from London Bridge. The train was really crowded. We didn’t have seats at first, but after a few stops we found some places to sit. Thank goodness. It was an hour long ride and I was still super tired from last night. 
When we got to Brighton, she met her friend right away. We started walking. The sun was out!!! We had missed this for the past two weeks living in cloudy, rainy London. It was great. We went through some tiny alleyways that were really cool and ended up at this small burger place called Brighton Burger. Her friend said it was really yummy, and they had veggie burgers so I was down. Deffff delicious :) and some guy was playing the sitar which was so cool. We still couldn’t get over the wonderful weather.
After that, we walked along the waterfront. We went to a bunch of small shops that had cool paintings and jewelry. Then, we sat down at a cool music hall place and got something to drink. It was really really delicious. And there was this lady singing live music…it was wonderful. We were having tons of fun and enjoying the sun. Then, we headed to the pier where there was food, an arcade, henna tattoos, and lots of fun stuff. The music was playing and there were a lot of people. It was really lively and a great atmosphere to be in. Then, we went walking around Brighton again. We came across this pretty fountain that a bunch of seagulls were bathing in. It was so legit and the funniest thing ever. We then walked through this palace that a prince had built a long time ago. It was all Indiany and there was another sitar guy. It was gorgeous. 
Then was it was time to shop! We went to some cute shops and bought some things for ourselves and our friends :) Then we went to a place called Talk of Tea that my cousin's friend insisted I go to. We had the normal afternoon tea but it was a little different. Oxymoron? Anyway, the place was really small, but it was so cool. All of the teapots and teacups were so pretty. The decorations were cool too and there were cool books everywhere. They had so many choices for tea lol. I got this cucumber sandwich thing and vanilla tea. I also had scones and a blueberry cake. SO GOOD. The sun was still shining and we were really enjoying our time there. It was such a photogenic place. We even got the recipe for the cake. :)
Then we headed back to the station hoping to catch an earlier train back to London because we were so tired. However, since we had reserved a 9:15 ticket, they didn’t let us change it. We were so tired though and we didn’t know what to do for 3 more hours. Another ticket back was only like 10 pounds so we just bought it anyway. Too tired.
I’ve just been sitting here looking at pictures since then. 
Tomorrow I’m going to Greenwich. It should be a lot of fun because there is a lot to see, including the prime meridian! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment