About this Blog

From Argentina, to Egypt, Ecuador, Europe, India, Japan, and even the Panama Canal, you'll hear about my exciting adventure stories, tips, personal experiences, and cultural information. You'll be able to read my stories about my Indian culture and the traditions and holidays my family experiences. I also provide a taste of the trips I have been on and some of the interesting people and opportunities I have had so far. I'll keep updating about all of my journeys. Also, take a look at the different pictures from all around the world as you go...

"Across the Seas with Suruchi".

For my specific stories and pictures, be sure to click the "My Travels" link below!!

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 15: Hemisphere Adventures


Today I went to Greenwich with my friend. It was kind of complicated getting there. At first we were going to take the tube to London Bridge station and then get on a bus that my phone was telling me to take. London Bridge is a huge station so it was kind of confusing. We asked some guy that looked like he knew what he was doing. He told us to take the 381 to Canada Water and then the 199 to Greenwich. So we hopped onto the bus and headed off. Canada Water was actually a really big station that buses regularly come through. Then we got onto the 199 to Greenwich. We were really excited because the weather looked great. It was supposed to get up to 79! Definitely not used to that the past two weeks...I wore my cool feather shirt I bought in Brighton.

We were arriving towards Greenwich and it looked really cool. There was a town center with lots of markets. First, we went to the DLR tube station to get cash. Then, we went to Greenwich market. There were rows and rows of local shops, with everything from jewelry and shirts to paintings and photographs. It was really really cool. There was also this place that had fresh juice. I got the "pineapple orange crush". It was so yummy, I had to keep myself from devouring it. Then, we checked out the little food stalls. There was food from a variety of countries and desserts as well. We grabbed some and then headed to the area where the Cutty Sark ship was. Here, there were some street performers. They were all cute British boys :) They asked for a volunteer and I got my friend to do it. However, they had to cut the show short because of some weird insurance issue. It was really odd and unfortunate. We kept walking and ended up at the the Old Royal Naval College, which was on my list of things to do! It was this huge complex with a Chapel and a this huge dining room called the Painted Hall. Both were really gorgeous. They had extraordinary paintings and carvings. The complex itself was really beautiful. There were buildings and walkways with big pillars everywhere. It definitely felt very Victorian and royal. 

Then we headed to the other side, where we visited the National Maritime Museum. Here, we saw this really cool exhibit all about space. Then, we walked over to the Queen's house. It was an art exhibition in an old royal house with a beautiful "tulip staircase". Finally, we walked through a park, up a steep hill to the Royal Observatory. Here, we saw the prime meridian and were able to take some cool pictures on the line. We had to wait in this huge line for like 25 minutes before we could finally take our pictures.

Finally, we headed back to the market to get some of the yummy cupcakes we saw earlier in the day. We jumped back on the bus and took the same journey home that we took there. We were kind of quiet the whole way home because it was a very long and tiring day. Definitely worth it though! It's funny because Greenwich isn't super popular place when people talk about London. I kind of just found it online and thought it would be cool to go. I'm so glad I planned this day trip because the place was really gorgeous...and I stood on the prime meridian! A few years ago I stood on the equator. :)


From the Equator in Ecuador to the Prime Meridian in London, I'm traveling the world, one line at a time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment