About this Blog

From Argentina, to Egypt, Ecuador, Europe, India, Japan, and even the Panama Canal, you'll hear about my exciting adventure stories, tips, personal experiences, and cultural information. You'll be able to read my stories about my Indian culture and the traditions and holidays my family experiences. I also provide a taste of the trips I have been on and some of the interesting people and opportunities I have had so far. I'll keep updating about all of my journeys. Also, take a look at the different pictures from all around the world as you go...

"Across the Seas with Suruchi".

For my specific stories and pictures, be sure to click the "My Travels" link below!!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 22: Rocks and Pools


We set off at about 8:30 for Stonehenge. It was really close and at first we drove by it quickly. It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. IN pictures, they make it look so grand. We were given an audio guide with our entrance tickets that took us around the site explaining the history and theories behind it. Although it was just a bunch of rocks, it was cool. I can now just say that I’ve been there.
Then, we drove to Bath, which was about an hour away. It was a really cute city, with shops, cafes, and cute little streets. It was a beautiful day and there were many people there. First, we went to the Roman Baths. We saw the different types of baths, hot springs, and rooms in which people changed, exercised, or got massages. It was really neat and we learned about the traditions of the time. The museum took us through, all the way to 400 A.D. I even drank some of the mineral water at the end! It was disgusting…
Then, we visited the Abbey Cathedral, which was really pretty inside. I’m always amazed at the stained glass windows and organs.
We got some milkshakes and walked through the city. We went over a bridge alongside a gorgeous park. There were people playing cricket and an orchestra that had won some Britain competition this year.
We also visited the Royal Crescent, this cool living complex. People were having picnics outside and it was really pretty.
Overall, a very pleasant visit to Bath.
We then drove to Cardiff and had dinner at an Indian restaurant, Spice Quarter, in the shopping district near our hotel. It was really quiet because it was a Sunday evening.
Played bukharo till almost midnight again.
I took the bukharo twice :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment