About this Blog

From Argentina, to Egypt, Ecuador, Europe, India, Japan, and even the Panama Canal, you'll hear about my exciting adventure stories, tips, personal experiences, and cultural information. You'll be able to read my stories about my Indian culture and the traditions and holidays my family experiences. I also provide a taste of the trips I have been on and some of the interesting people and opportunities I have had so far. I'll keep updating about all of my journeys. Also, take a look at the different pictures from all around the world as you go...

"Across the Seas with Suruchi".

For my specific stories and pictures, be sure to click the "My Travels" link below!!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 22 – Goodbye London, Hello Family



My parent’s were coming today!!! Yayayyayay. I was super super excited to see them. In the morning, I said my goodbyes to my friends. Then, I finished up my packing and headed downstairs to checkout and wait at the café near my dorm, The Juggler. Luckily, a staff member was on his way up to clean the rooms when I was coming down with my gigantic heavy bag and he carried it down for me without me even asking. Love nice people, especially when they are strong. :)
I waited in the Juggler, had an iced café, and read Harry Potter. It was coming closet to about 12 and my devices were unfortunately dying.

But then I saw a reflection of a short guy in a yellow shirt in the window of the café. I thought that might be my dad. And then, another guy, taller, in a flannel type shirt and black-framed glasses. Yup. Suchir. I ran out and said “Hi guys!!” They were looking around for me and I walked up them all and gave them hugs. I was really happy to see them and they were happy to see me. We packed the car, which was quite difficult with all of our bags and my huge bag, but we got it to work. We set off for Stonehenge and Salisbury.

On our way out of the city, we needed up driving through everything. I saw it all one last time. The Eye, St. Paul’s, the Houses of Parliament, Memorial Bridge, Bond Street, Oxford Street, Piccadilly Circus, the whole London package. I couldn’t keep my eyes away from the window. I was really really sad to be leaving London. I had such a great time here the past three weeks. I’ll definitely come back again.

We later stopped at a small rest area for some drinks and a small snack. I couldn’t stop talking about
We were staying at the Holiday Inn, about 2 miles from Stonehenge. It was a nice hotel with a really cool exterior. We freshened up and drove into Salisbury for dinner. We ate at Cactus Jacks, a Mexican restaurant. It was yummy :)

Of course, we played bukharo (an Indian card game) till almost midnight that night. Couldn’t resist. This is what happens on my family vacations!

I’m sad my London experience is over, but I’m really excited for my upcoming adventures with my family. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment